Monday, August 30, 2010

Water-skiing in St Meme les Carrieres


I live in a small village called St Meme les Carrieres, around 10 minutes from Cognac.

At the crack of dawn each morning I take my dog for a walk through the vines and she goes for a swim in a beautiful lake, that is actually a dis-used quarry.

It's also the home of Planet Ski, run by a fascinating chap called Denis Garcia.

He's an ex water-skiing champion of France and he looked all over the country to find a site good enough for him to train the champions of the future. He teaches skiing and wake boarding and one of the big benefits is that he offers reduced rates for local children.

As you can see from the photos above and his website it's a truly stunning location and we're lucky to have it on our doorstep.

Sadly another summer is sailing by without me plucking up the courage to give it a go but I can assure you that at 7.30am each morning I always think that "today's going to be the day".

www.cognacproperty.com

No comments: