When I lived in the UK it was a tradition at this time of year to find a decent pub and sit down with friends forecasting events for the new year.
Since we moved to Cognac in 2003 this is something I no longer get to do - but as I know that some of these friends are avid readers of this blog here are six of the best for the new year:
- Tiger Woods will be back with a bang and will not only compete in the Masters but he'll be putting on the green jacket on April 11th.
- The FTSE 100 will see huge falls at around the same time.
- The World Cup will be a huge success on the surface but fans who actually make the trip to South Africa will tell a different story.
- The star of the World Cup will be little known Tom Huddlestone.
- Aretha Franklin, Akon or Janet Jackson will be the headline act at the Cognac blues festival this summer.
- The French domestic housing market will remain stable, with international buyers making a big comeback in the second half of the year leading to increased transaction levels.