Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Top 10 property investment destinations



Just read an interesting little piece of research from a company called Global Edge marketing.  They rank the investment potential of property held in 77 cities throughout the world (using gross rental yields as the determinant).

Surprisingly Paris only comes 59th (outlook very poor) with New York 62nd and dear old London down in 66th.

Chisinau (me neither) heads the list and is marked "spectacular". Amongst the top 10 you'll also find Jakarta and Bogota.

Now, I've never been to Chisinau (it's in Moldova) or indeed any of the other "hot spots" listed but I'd have thought that it's a brave man who decides that buying property there is a better long term investment than in, say, Fulham.

I'm not sure that I'd feel too confident that my money was entirely safe either which surely has to be a factor if you're claiming to offer investment potential - the upside is that I guess you'd have great fun visiting your portfolio!

www.cognacproperty.com

No comments: