Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cognac Golf Club - practice makes perfect




We're very lucky here to have an 18 hole championship golf course on the doorstep.

Doubly lucky that the practice facilities are open to non members and always in pristine condition.  As well as the standard putting greens, bunker facilities and grass driving range they have a four hole course to hone your game on.

I was there yesterday for a while, fine tuning my game for the 3 Peaks Challenge trophy which starts tomorrow. I was shamed into this when my partner, Chris, told me that he'd been taking this years practice routine very seriously and was hitting the ball like a dream, which bodes well.

There's no finer sight in sport than seeing him roll up his sleeves and hit his driver out of the sockets 300 yards down the middle.

The bad news is that I was out yesterday in short sleeves with the sun on my back and yet the conditions in Biarritz & Bordeaux are forecast to be wet & chilly from tomorrow....I'm not sure that my swing will be quite as free flowing under shirt, jumper and bulky waterproofs!

Still, as the great man said "the more I practice the luckier I get".

Wish me luck....

www.cognacproperty.com

No comments: