Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Houses in France - popular around the World

A short conversation yesterday brought home to me how popular France is around the World (and yes I know that sometimes the people, unjustifiably, get a bad press but I'm talking about the country).

Those of you who know me will be aware that last year I franchised my business to launch a network of property finders across the country http://www.frenchentree.com/french-property-finders/

Well, my partner called me to say that so far this year we've been fielding enquiries from the UK (of course) but also from Hawaii, Norway, Portugal, the USA, Dubai, Germany and New Zealand.

Who knows the reason - maybe in times of a true global recession people think that France is one of the last safe havens. Or maybe it's just the wine.

Anyway, long may it continue.....I don't care if I earn money in pounds, euros, dollars or yen and seeing some, albeit small, signs of recovery in the market are most welcome.

No comments: