Wednesday, May 11, 2011

International buyers return to the Charente



I'm meeting a client tomorrow to hand over the keys to this beautiful old Charentaise masterpiece.

I thought that I had bought some houses with incredible views over the vines before but this one absolutely takes the biscuit.  It's a cracking house in a prime location and I think that we bought it at a bargain price.

Regular readers will know that after the 2008 banking crisis things became tough in the property industry.  International buyers simply dried up and went from plentiful to non existent.

The tap has been turned back on though and the purchase of this house and some of the others featured recently have led to my best Q1 figures since opening up business here back in 2003.

I'm hopeful that this is a "trend" rather than a "blip" but only time will tell. Certainly the house price indices are encouraging as is general press coverage.

According to my colleagues in the FrenchEntrée property finders network transaction volumes across France are still patchy although a couple of them have seen similar starts to the year as myself.

Long may it continue.

www.cognacproperty.com

No comments: