Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Some other great French property blogs....



Fresh on the back of being shortlisted in three of the four awards run by Primelocation for property blogs I reckon that my friends at FrenchEntrée should run a similar awards scheme for blogs about French property.

There are plenty of good ones about and to get the ball rolling take a look at some of these:

Let's start with "A view from the foothills of France" where Nadia Jordan combines crisp prose with some stunning photography.  Her post "All in a days work" about a hooky day off work certainly made me jealous.

Take a look also at "Half way down on the left hand side" which gets my vote for the title alone. Val Walmsley is just setting out in the world of blogging but will be one to watch.

Rebecca Russell is a seasoned professional (it's a compliment Rebecca, don't shoot me) and this shows if you read her musings on "Cote Abode" - want to know about life and property in Nice then this is the place to go.

Just a short way along the coast in Provence you will find Neil Ranadé and "Provence property connections" - his posts are always thoughtful and well written - take a look at his writings about art in Provence.

"A word from Calvados" is another that I like - Janine posts infrequently but her thoughts are always worthwhile hearing and accompanied by interesting snapshots.

I have mentioned before that I follow Alison Morton's blog "Loire Thouet property search" - not the catchiest of titles but a real goldmine of information and written in a very professional manner.

Finally, if you still have time before you get back to work, take a look at "Perpignan Post" where Caroline Hill gives us an insight into her life down near the Spanish border.

So there we have it....a magnificent seven if ever I saw one.  Why not take a stroll around some of them and say hello.

I probably should disclose my interest here in that they're all colleagues of mine in the FrenchEntrée property finder network but, hey, you trust me by now surely.

www.cognacproperty.com

4 comments:

Alison Morton said...

Hi Graham,

Thanks for saying that my blog at http://www.ltps.fr/blog/ is a goldmine and written professionally. I do try!

But you're right about 'Loire Thouet Property Search'. It's not a catchy title, is it?

I started it over two years ago and it was one of the first of the FrenchEntree property finder group of blogs. I was only too glad to get it out there.

But I accept your défi and have got a fresh new title...

Thank you for prodding me into action. This is where belonging to a collegiate and friendly group like FrenchEntree property finders really pays off.

graham downie said...

"South of the river"....like it Alison.

All the best....

Graham

Property in jaipur said...

Excellent blogs information all are useful

jaym said...

very well written. nice information. this is information is useful for all. thanks for posting it.